Pages

Followers

Friday 10 October 2014

A Fairy on Top

Hello. I hope everyone in the UK has got their winter clothes out as it's definitely colder here. I wonder what weather my followers from other countries are experiencing. Please tell me in your comments as I'd love to know even if it makes me jealous, lol.

Today's card is a Christmas card using the LOTV image ' A Fairy on Top'. I thought this was really sweet and picked it as part of my candy win from Vicky's candy giveaway. I've used papers from LOTV's Snow Princess Solids pad as I wanted a really soft colour combination of white, turquoise and a little silver. I hope you like it.



A flat shot ...



A shot showing the Wink of Stella clear glitter on the baubles and a close up of the Poinsettias.



You wouldn't believe the trouble I had trying to get a photo showing the Wink of Stella shining!

I made this using a 6" square card and four different sheets of paper from LOTV's Snow Princess patterned and solids pads, three turquoise and one off white sheet (for the largest Poinsettia). I used Spellbinders Floral Ovals die for the image, Poppy Stamps dies- Blooming Poinsettia large and small and a Tattered Lace corner die(corner was cut from white card glittered with Glamour Dust in crystal clear). The pine branch was a Martha Stewart punch. The ribbon, from a pack of three ribbons, was from Marks and Spencer which I thought was too nice for Xmas presents. They've got something similar in store this year. The sentiment is a Cleary Besotted sweet little sentiments stamp and the Adhesive shimmer dots, in the flower centres and at the side, are from Papermania. I also used a silver metallic Promarker for the fairy and tree baubles under the Wink of Stella and a white pen for the spots on the dress.

Please tell me if you prefer the Card Recipe list instead of the above description. I haven't decided which I like or is easier yet.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:-
We Do Doobadoo Challenge- Christmas
The Ribbon Girl Challenge- Glitz and Dazzle
The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog- All The Threes Three Turquoise DPs, Three Flowers, Three Leaves.
Papertake Weekly Challenge- Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge-Christmas in October
LOTV Challenge- Anything Goes




Kieran is coming home for the weekend today so I'm a happy mummy. I'm trying to get more Christmas cards done this year so hopefully I'll have more to show you soon.

That's it for today's post. I'm sending you all a big hug but the biggest to Lucy as she's just lost her lovely dog. Thank you so much for visiting I always love to read your comments.
 
                                                          Debra x

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful this is just so gorgeous Debra love the stamp and you've used my favourite die I have to stop myself from using it all the time!!. The poinsettia flowers look perfect and I love that wink of stella might have to invest. I'm not bothered which way you list your recipe as long as you tell us what you've used I get frustrated if I see something and you have no idea what make it is. Enjoy you weekend with your son and I'm into Marks and Spencer looking at the ribbon next time I shop Take Care love and Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Debra! Absolutely love the colour! The papers are so pretty and such a cute image! Coloured beautifully! Oh and those gorgeous flowers just finish it perfectly!
    Aww thank you it's been a tough week but I'm keeping focused on crafting to take my mind off it!
    Big hugs to you too!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning Debra! Such a beautiful image, colour scheme and embellishments - a perfectly designed creation! Hope you have a lovely weekend with your son :) x
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh just gorgeous Debra! Love that sweet image and your fab colouring... such pretty details too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is charming and sweet -- the colors are so soft and the image is a sweet Debra!
    hugs Regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sos pretty, love the colours. Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card, your image is so cute and coloured wonderfully. Your Poinsettia's are really pretty with the Wink of Stella, it really adds a lovely sparkle and I am going to have to pay M&S a visit for some of that ribbon. Hope you have a good weekend. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, fab image and I love the soft colours, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beauty, Debra! I really like the colors you used on this card. Love that she's putting an angel on top of her tree. That's what we have on the top of ours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A real stunning creation with gorgeous colours and lovely image used....love the style and added beauties here as well ....cheers, aNNieThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Debra what lovely details and colors The glittery touches, die cut and stunning colored image are wonderful. Raining and wind here in the Northwest.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful card, Debra!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' Challenge!

    Good Luck

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving me a comment. I really appreciate you taking the time.

Debra x